Sentinel 3 is the world’s most advanced RF over fiber test and measurement systems for:
- EMP test and EMC conformance
- HIRF aircraft clearance
- Simulated lightning testing
- Impulse, time domain and NEMP testing
- Low and high level swept frequency coupling measurements
Sentinel 3 is designed to reduce setup time and maximise measurement certainty.
The 3U chassis is available in desktop and rack-mount format. The chassis accepts up to six single or dual receiver modules. Power and control distribution takes place via the chassis backplane. The unit also integrates battery charging.
- Bandwidth: 75Hz to 1GHz or 10MHz to 3GHz
- Three modes: super-low noise mode, high power mode and high impedance mode
- Increase sensitivity means lower test field strngth and reduced ERP
- 145dB/Hz instantaneous dynamic range
- Thermal compensation means calibrate only once for 0.25dB accuracy
Touch-screen System Controller
The wide, touch-screen controller displays link status, battery levels (including those on charge) and supports features such as:
- Remote gain control
- Remote power up/down of transmitters
- Automatic unit detection on startup
- System self-test
The controller also supports USB and Ethernet interfaces, allowing the system also to be controlled from a PC.
Ultra-compact Remote Transmitters
Sentinel 3 transmitters have been designed to support easier installation in tight spaces. The units have a volume of only 1.1litres and interchangeably accept robust, weatherproof optical connectors and standard LC optical connectors (for smaller size and reduced cable bend-radius).
Transmitters are available in either one or eight inputs. The units are double-screened to maximise shielding effectiveness. An integrated power detector enables automatic power tracking. Transmitters can be remotely controlled to perform such functions as:
- Verification of gain setting changes
- Link parameter modification
- Self-test / signal selection
- Link calibration
- Enter or exit sleep mode
Bi-directional communication means transmitters can confirm setting changes have been implemented. No more crossing your fingers!
- Broadband, high linearity LNA
- RF pre-amplifer
- Attenuation blocks
- Shuttered fibre optic connector
- SMA type optical connector
Mutli-core cross site cables
Single, dual and multi-link cross site cables simplify and minimise setup time and allow a single receiver to monitor up to 48 sensors (six transmitters, each with eight inputs) sequentially, or two sensors simultaneously (requires dual input receiver module).