In this webinar, we discussed:
- Induction due to space weather and impact on man made installations
- Details on fluxgate magnetometer benefits for monitoring of the Earth’s field variations
- Hardware integration: Data transfer and processing
- Use of data for GIC monitoring/prediction: Application to power networks and link to upcoming regulations
- Use of magnetic data for magnetic storm monitoring and application to the oil & gas directional drilling industry
- What’s next: Integration of electric current information to the data stream
- Ludovic Letourneur, PhD | Senior Applications Engineer | GMW Associates
- Jenn Gannon, PhD | GMD Lead | Computational Physics, Inc.
- Mike Henderson | Owner and Principal Engineer | GIC Magnetics
- Presentation – PowerPoint Slides (PDF)
- Product Info – Bartington Low Noise Magnetometers
- Homepage: Computational Physics, Inc.
- Homepage: GIC Magnetics
Originally recorded on January 12, 2021