3480 Dipole, 45mm
The 3480 Dipole Electromagnet is a light weight versatile system that can provide fields above 2 Tesla. At 32 kg this magnet can easily be moved between applications and can be operated in any orientation.
The system is intended to be compatible with systems that already utilize GMW’s 3470 electromagnet.
The 3480 is shipped with a standard set of poles that optimize maximum field but several pole options are available. GMW can also design custom poles that achieve a specific performance. Poles are interchangeable and are available with an axial access bore.
The 3480 OG dipole electromagnet system is intended to provide an open geometry particularly suited to MOKE applications.
- Mass = 34kg
- 285 x 197 x 213mm
- 3.6 T @ 2mm gap
- 1T @ 25mm gap
- Peak power 35A/60V
- Any mounting orientation
- Hall Effect Studies
- Magneto-Optical Studies
- Laboratory Experiments
- Magnetic Separation experiments
- Magnetic alignment of Small Components
- Chemical Reaction Rate Studies
- 5972 Magnet Control User’s Manual
- EPO Emergency Power Off Control User’s Manual
- Model 3480 C-Frame Dipole Electromagnet User’s Manual
- Thermo Scientific Thermoflex Recirculating Chiller User’s Manual
- BPS-85-70 User’s Manual
- 3480 General Assembly drawing 1
- 3480 General Assembly drawing 2
- 3480 Tapered Sleeve
- 3480 Side View 5G Surface 35 Amps
- 3480 Top View 5G Surface 35 Amps
- Modelled Data for 5mm Pole
- Modelled Data for 16 mm Pole
- Modelled Data for 20 mm Pole
- Modelled Data for 40 mm Pole
- 3D Model, 3480 Electromagnet, Rev B (serial numbers 13-23)
- 3D Model, 3480 Electromagnet, Rev C (serial numbers 24 and up)
- 3D Model, 3480 OG Electromagnet
- Model 3480 Electromagnet, BZ Uniformity
- Model 3480OG Excitation Data
- Model 3480 Excitation Data with Poles Removed
- Model 3480 Excitation Data, 5mm Poles
- USB Daq Pad: model NI USB-6251
- 3480 Thermal Stability
- NI PCI-GPIB
- NI PCIe-GPIB
- How to Determine the Amount of Heat a Recirculating Chiller Adds to a Room
- Proper Fluid Selection and Maintenance for Heat Transfer Applications
For applications that require a bipolar power supply, we offer the Kepco BOP series. They feature stability of 0.02% over 8 hours, and an optional IEEE-488 interface may be installed either by GMW, or by the user at a later date.
For unipolar applications, we offer a supply manufactured by Sorensen, and it is suitable for applications were a DC field is required. It features a stability of 0.05% over 8 hours and they are available with an optional IEEE-488 interface.
Magnetic Field Measurement
The Senis type F3A miniature three axis magnetic field to analog voltage transducers have an analog output for each of the three components of the measured magnetic field. They feature better than ± 1% absolute accuracy and a frequency response from dc to 2.5kHz.
F3A-03A02F-A02T2k5M - Three-Axis Miniature Hall Transducer, 2T
S12-5 - Power Supply, ±12V, 90 - 264Vac, 1.8m Cable
11901230 - Probe Holder, aluminum, transverse
CO50 - Signal Output Cable, Unterminated on one end, 5.0m
Software and PC Interface Cards
BIT-4886 - IEEE-488 Interface Card for BOP Power Supply, 16 bit
AIOC-i5 - All-In-One Computer. Intel Core i5 CPU, Windows 10 Professional 64-bit English, 8GB RAM, 500GB HDD, DVD±RW, Non-touch 19.5 inch LCD display. Wireless keyboard and mouse. 3 year manufactuer warranty.
LVKCMPS - Driver for Kepco power supplies with IEEE-488 interface.
776670-09 - LabVIEW for Windows Full system package with 1 year service.
778927-01- USB-GPIB Interface for Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10.
3480 ELECTROMAGNET SYSTEMS
GMW is pleased to offer the following preconfigured magnet systems.
Terms and Conditions
India: Magnergy Technology
Japan: TOYO Corporation
Terms and Conditions:
Prices above are for domestic deliveries to USA, Canada, and Mexico only.
Prices to other Countries are approximately 1.1x USA List Price.
Prices are expressed in U.S. Dollars, FCA Origin San Carlos, California 94070.
Prices are subject to change without notice.
OEM discounts are available.
Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Prepayment before shipment, or Net 30 days (subject to credit acceptance).
Orders may be submitted to email@example.com
Stock to 120 days.