The 5203 Electromagnet is a projected field magnet providing uniform field at a location above the magnet surface. It is intended for applications where the space around the working volume needs to be freely accessible.
Poles are interchangeable and are available with an axial access bore. The 5203 can be mounted in any orientation and light weight (2.5kg) allows the magnet to be integrated into dynamic applications such as wafer testing.
- Mass = 2 .5kg
- 74 x 74 x 123.5mm
- Interchangeable poles
- Perpendicular field of 0.5T @ z=5mm
- Perpendicular field of 0.4T @ z=10mm
- Peak excitation 100A/30V
- Spintronic Devices
- Hall Effect Studies
- Magneto-Optical Studies
- Model 5203 Electromagnet Manual
- Model MC-XYZT Motion Control
- LabVIEW Magnet Control Software Users Manual
- Model 5203 Electromagnet User’s Manual
- 5972 Magnet Control Manual
- BPS-85-70/BPS-40-100 User’s Manual
- Thermo Scientific Thermoflex Recirculating Chiller – User Manual
- 3D Model, 5203 Electromagnet
- 3D Model, Motion Control Stage Assembly XY (STEP file)
- 3D Model, Motion Control Stage Assembly XYT (STEP file)
- 3D Model, Motion Control Stage Assembly XYZT (STEP file)
- Solidworks eDrawings Viewer for .EPRT files (free download; MS Windows 7, 8, 10)
- Autodesk A360 Viewer for .STEP files (browser based; free with registration)
- Kepco BOP Power Supplies – User Manuals
- GMW Software Download Instructions
- ThermoFlex Basic User’s Manual
- Model 5203 Standard Pole Options
- Model 5203 Interlock Arrangement
- Model 5203 Frequency Response
- 5203 – 5 Gauss Surface
- USB DaqPad: model NI USB-6251
- NI PCI-GPIB
- NI PCIe-GPIB
- How to Determine the Amount of Heat a Recirculating Chiller Adds to a Room
- Proper Fluid Selection and Maintenance for Heat Transfer Applications
For applications that require a bipolar power supply, we offer the Kepco BOP series. They feature stability of 0.02% over 8 hours, and an optional IEEE-488 interface may be installed either by GMW, or by the user at a later date. The 5203 requires one of the Kepco BOP 20V, 50A.
Magnet Current Cables
Pre-terminated cable assembliy to connect Kepco power supply direct to magnet is included with 5203, Iif other type of cable connection is required please contact our sales staff for assitance.
To sustain an operating the 5203 using high current, long duty cycles, or for continious operation GMW offers a water chiller that is air-cooled with refrigerated re-circulation and accompanying water flow control with inlet filter, flow meter, and flow switch.
TF25 BA 208/60 T1 FCR DCOMACOM Recirculating Water Chiller, 2.2kW, 208Vac, 60Hz, 9.4 l/min @ 4.1 bar, RS-232 Interface.
Mounting and Motor Drives
Enabling motion control for model 5203 in rotations stage (T), x, y, and z (z is not a standard option) linear stages. Included in system are all motor and limit cables, 19" rack controller for up to four stepper motors.
MC-XYZT Motion Control System including Z direction
MC-XYT Motion Control System NOT including Z direction
Magnetic Field Measurement
The Senis type F3A miniature three axis magnetic field to analog voltage transducers have an analog output for each of the three components of the measured magnetic field. They feature better than ± 1% absolute accuracy and a frequency response from dc to 2.5kHz.
F3A-03A02F-A02T2k5M - Three-Axis Miniature Hall Transducer, 2.0T
S12-5 - Power Supply, ±12V, 90 - 264Vac, 1.8m Cable
11901230 - Probe Holder, aluminum, transverse
CO50 - Signal Output Cable, Unterminated on one end, 5.0m
Software and PC Interface Cards
BIT-4886 - IEEE-488 Interface Card for BOP Power Supply, 16 bit
AIOC-i5 - All-In-One Computer. Intel Core i5 CPU, Windows 10 Professional 64-bit English, 8GB RAM, 500GB HDD, DVD±RW, Non-touch 19.5 inch LCD display. Wireless keyboard and mouse. 3 year manufactuer warranty.
LVKCMPS - Driver for Kepco power supplies with IEEE-488 interface.
776670-09 - LabVIEW for Windows Full system package with 1 year service.
778927-01 - USB-GPIB Interface for Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10.
Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions:
Prices above are for domestic deliveries to USA, Canada, and Mexico only.
Prices to other Countries are approximately 1.1x USA List Price.
Prices are expressed in U.S. Dollars, FCA Origin San Carlos, California 94070.
Prices are subject to change without notice.
OEM discounts are available.
Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Prepayment before shipment, or Net 30 days (subject to credit acceptance).
Orders may be submitted to email@example.com
Stock to 120 days.