The 5414 is the largest standard GMW dipole electromagnet. It has fixed Pole Caps tailored to the user requirements with diameters up to 315mm and Pole gaps to 200mm. General purpose or high stability Power Supplies are offered with current reversing switches if required for field reversal. Full systems can be configured with Electromagnet, Power Supply, Current Reversing Switch, Teslameter (Gaussmeter), Rack-Mounting Computer, LabVIEW control software and site Installation, Supervision and Training.
- Plasma and material studies requiring a large gap and high field.
- Precision NMR, EPR and ferromagnetic spectroscopy at high field with high demands on field uniformity.
- Model 5970 Current Reversal Switch [Discontinued]
- 5972 Magnet Control User’s Manual
- Model 5971-160 Current Reversal Switch Manual
- LabVIEW Magnet Control Software Users Manual
- Sorensen SG Series Power Supply Operation Manual
- Sorensen SG Series Power Supply Datasheet
- Thermo Scientific Thermoflex Recirculating Chiller – User Manual
- GMW Software Download Instructions
- ThermoFlex Basic User’s Manual
- 3D Model, 5414 Electromagnet, 45 Degree Mount
- 3D Model, 5414 Electromagnet, Horizontal Mount
- 3D Model, 5414 Electromagnet, Vertical Mount
- Solidworks eDrawings Viewer for .EPRT files (free download; MS Windows 7, 8, 10)
- Autodesk A360 Viewer for .STEP files (browser based; free with registration)
- Model 5414 Excitation Data – Field vs Pole Gap
- Magnetic Environment & Safety
- Fly Back Diode Protection of a Unipolar Power Supply connected to an Electromagnet
- CERN Epoxy Resin
- How to Determine the Amount of Heat a Recirculating Chiller Adds to a Room
- Proper Fluid Selection and Maintenance for Heat Transfer Applications
Power Supplies and Current Reversal
We offer different power supplies for the 3474 electromagnet; the Amtek switch mode, and the Danfysik high stability linear.
The Ametek SGA series power supplies feature a stability of 0.05% over 8 hours and they are available with an optional IEEE-488 interface. Order part numbers:
Input: 187-242V, 62A, 47-63Hz ac, 3 phase
SGA100/200C-0AAA - Power Supply, 100V, 200A, unipolar, 0.05% / 8hrs
SGA100/200C-1AAA - Power Supply, 100V, 200A, unipolar, 0.05% / 8hrs, IEEE-488 interface
Input: 342-440V, 40A, 47-63Hz ac, 3 phase
SGA100/200D-0AAA - Power Supply, 100V, 200A, unipolar, 0.05% / 8hrs, IEEE-488 interface
SGA100/200D-1AAA - Power Supply, 100V, 200A, unipolar, 0.05% / 8hrs, IEEE-488 interface
If field reversal is required when using a a unipolar Power Supply, we offer the 5971-160 Current Reversal Switch. This Switch provides a safe way of reversing the magnets current under either manual or computer control. The USB Interface also provides control fo the Power Supply current, and readback of the Power Supply current and voltage. It will also provide field readback from a Senis Field Transducer if installed.
Magnet Current Cables
We take the trouble out of connecting your magnet to the power supply with a wide variety of pre-terminated cable assemblies.
Magnet Pole Caps
Pole caps for the Model 5414 Electromagnet are designed for the application requirement to provide the desired maximum field, field uniformity and pole gap.
17801717 Single Pole Cap, 25mm face diameter.
17801716 Single Pole Cap, 50mm face diameter.
17801715 Single Pole Cap, 75mm face diameter.
17801714 Single Pole Cap, 100mm face diameter.
17801713 Single Pole Cap, 150mm face diameter.
17801712 Single Pole Cap, 200mm face diameter.
17801711 Single Pole Cap, 250mm face diameter.
For optical experiments or other applications where an axial hole in one or both poles is required, GMW can provide the poles with the hole pre-drilled to your specifications. Order part 5414-AH
GMW-RC-1920 GMW 19" EIA rack cabinet. This handsome half-height 19" rack cabinet provides ample space for your power supply, reversing switch, and other instrumentation.
It is two-tone gray, and is supplied with lift off side panels, castors, and a door mounted on to the back. The door includes two line powered cooling fans to help draw hot air out of the rack. It does not include filler panels and support angles.
P-0119 - Filler panel, 1U, light gray.
P-0319 - Filler panel, 2U, light gray.
P-0519 - Filler panel, 3U, light gray.
P-0719 - Filler panel, 4U, light gray.
P-0819 - Filler panel, 5U, light gray.
SA-30 - Support Angle Pair.
HW-1 - Hardware kit, screws and washers, set of 100.
Bias Coils are used for two different applications with electromagnets; obtaining a 'zero' field, or superimposing a modulated signal on the field.
For achieving a zero field, the bias coils are used with a fixed DC power supply, and set to generate a 'negative' field when the main magnet power supply is stitched off. The the main magnet power supply may then be programmed to any field from zero upwards to the magnet power supply maximum.
For field modulation, the bias coils may be used with a low power bipolar power supply such as the Kepco BOP 100-1M. Note that our magnets are of a solid yoke design, so the modulation aplitude and frequency will be limited by eddy currents.
Software and PC Interface Cards
LVPTMPS - Driver for SGA power supplies with IEEE-488 interface.
LVKCMPS - Driver for Kepco power supplies with IEEE-488 interface.
LVMCTRL - Driver for complete closed-loop control of magnet system, power supply, and teslameter (gaussmeter) drivers.
* Note: The above listed drivers require LabVIEW 8.21 or newer version.
776670-09 - National Instruments LabVIEW for Windows, basic package.
778927-01- USB-GPIB Interface for Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10.
Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions:
Prices above are for domestic deliveries to USA, Canada, and Mexico only.
Prices to other Countries are approximately 1.1x USA List Price.
Prices are expressed in U.S. Dollars, FCA Origin San Carlos, California 94070.
Prices are subject to change without notice.
OEM discounts are available.
Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Prepayment before shipment, or Net 30 days (subject to credit acceptance).
Orders may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
Stock to 120 days.