The Senis Bus Bar Current Sensor module BBM-02 is a bus-bar DC and AC current transducer. Attached to a rectangular cross-section current bus-bar, the BBM-02 enables contactless measurement of DC and AC currents in the bus-bar. The BBM-02 incorporates two Hall-effect magnetic field sensors, which shall be located at two opposite sides of a bus bar. The sensors generate an output voltage, which is proportional to the magnetic field produced by the electrical current currying the bus-bar. The signals generated in the two sensors by external magnetic fields are mutually cancelled. The BBM-02 does not contain any ferromagnetic part, so it has no hysteresis. The offset and sensitivity of the BBM-02 are in-factory calibrated.
The current sensitivity and the dynamic response of a current transducer based on the BBM-02 depend on the bus-bar geometry and the position of the BBM-02 relative to the bus bar.
• For measuring DC & AC currents, the frequency bandwidth from DC up to 100kHz
• Small size, very compact and low profile mechanical package
• Easy to assemble structure: its installation does not require an interrupt of the circuit
• 5Vdc unipolar power supply
• Signal output electrically isolated from primary bus bar
• Differential output
• Clean recovery from very high transient overload
• Improved HV insulation with a 3mm thick layer of the PTFE (PolyTetraFluoroEthylene –
Teflon) available on request
• Power Electronics
• Motor & Generator Control
• Electromechanical Systems
• Battery Charging
• Transit & Off Road Vehicles
• Process control
Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions:
Shipments can be made to North America, South America, Australia and New Zealand. For all other countries please contact Senis at SalesCurrent@senis.ch.
Prices are expressed in U.S. Dollars, FCA San Carlos, California.
Prices are subject to change without notice.
For higher quantity prices please contact GMW.
Visa, MasterCard, Amex, or Net 30 days (subject to credit acceptance).
Stock to 90 days depending on quantity.