The VWM is based on the wire resonant frequency dependence on its tension, itself dependent on its temperature. A positive feedback oscillator excites the wire oscillations at this resonant frequency. Particles penetrating the wire heat it, change its tension and therefore its resonant frequency. Vibrating wire sensors have been applied to electron, proton, ion and photon beams. VWM can be used for neutron beams too.
The Vibrating Wire Monitor system components include: Fixed or moving wire sensor; Twisted pair cable to Front-end electronics; Front-end electronics box, each supports 2 wires; Electronics to chassis cable, up to 50 meters; and Chassis can support up to 8 Front-end electronics.
- Transverse profile and position monitor
- Fixed multi-wire sensor or moving sensor
- For beams: Photon from infrared to keV, Electron, proton from keV to GeV and Neutrons
- Output is digital value proportional to number of particles hitting the wire
- Data communication is via USB
- Example software is provided
- Electron beam scan in vacuum: 20MeV electrons. 70pA wire-intercepted current resolution.
- Proton beam scan in vacuum: 15GeV protons. 3pA wire-intercepted current resolution.
- Photon beam scan in vacuum: 14keV photon mean energy. 1.4E+7 ph/sec wire-intercepted flux resolution.
- Photon beam scan in air: 100keV photon mean energy. 3E+13 ph/sec wire-intercepted flux resolution.
- VWM Manual
- VWM-S-A5mm FrontView
- VWM-S-A5mm MainView
- VWM-S-A5mm RightView
- VWM-S-A5mm TopView
- VWM-S-A20mm FrontView
- VWM-S-A20mm MaintView
- VWM-S-A20mm RightView
- VWM-S-A20mm TopView
|Quantity Discount Schedule:|
|Quantity||2 – 4||5 – 9||10 – 24|
Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions:
Prices above are for domestic deliveries to USA, Canada, and Mexico only.
For deliveries in all other countries please contact Bergoz.
Prices are expressed in U.S. Dollars, FCA San Carlos, California.
Prices are subject to change without notice.
Higher quantity and OEM discounts are available.
Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Prepayment before shipment, or Net 30 days (subject to credit acceptance).
Stock to 90 days, depending on quantity.