GMW is a Member of the Advanced Magnetics for Power & Energy Development (AMPED) Consortium
GMW is very proud to be a member of the Advanced Magnetics for Power & Energy Development (AMPED) Consortium.
Their mission is to develop an innovation ecosystem and educational programs for advancing soft magnetic materials and component technologies spanning fundamental science to end-use application in collaboration with various offices and programs.
AMPED goals are :
- To play a leadership role in providing highly qualified talent to the burgeoning soft magnetics industry and the electric power industry more broadly.
- To serve as the primary convener for a unique and much needed university / industry / national lab community.
- To become the premier source of university technical support to industry (papers, patents, direct research support).
Their vision is an innovation and educational ecosystem that includes:
- Foundational research with a diverse base of funding support spanning federal, private, foundation, and other resources.
- A range of existing and newly developed interdisciplinary educational programs as well as internship and coop opportunities for students.
- Direct support of industry research and workforce development needs in the form of publications, patents, talent, and fee-for-service.
Learn more about AMPED Founding Participants here.