The Bergoz New Parametric Current Transformer (NPCT) is the latest evolution of the Unser Transformer, commonly called DCCT, developed at CERN in 1966 by Klaus B. Unser.
The NPCT works on the principle of the zero-flux DC current transformer (DCCT). The DC component of the current flowing through the toroid sensor is detected by a magnetic modulator also called fluxgate or second harmonic detector.
The AC component is detected by a AC Hereward transformer. The two circuits are cascaded in a common feedback loop to generate a magnetic flux which always cancel the primary current flux. The NPCT output is the voltage developed by the feedback current passing through a precision resistor.
- Full scale range from ±20mA to ±20A controlled by TTL levels
- 5 µA/sqrt(Hz) resolution in every range
- 1 µA/sqrt(Hz) or 0.5 µA/sqrt(Hz) resolution on option
- Frequency response DC to 10 kHz
- Linearity error < 0.1%
- Sensor inner diameter from 22.2 mm to 245 mm to fit around any vacuum chamber or to install along the beam line
- NPCT package includes spares for electronics and power supply
- The Parametric Current transformer is used on most particles accelerators in the world to measure the average beam current. It is an essential instrument for machine tuning and commissioning.
- The large dynamic range, the wide bandwidth and high resolution make it the ideal instrument to measure beam lifetime in storage rings.
- It is often the only truly calibrated beam instrument in an accelerator and serves as a reference to calibrate other beam diagnostics.
- NPCT Manual
- Mechincal Drawing NPCT-75
- Mechincal Drawing NPCT-75H
- Mechincal Drawing NPCT-115
- Mechincal Drawing NPCT-115H
- Mechincal Drawing NPCT-175
- Mechincal Drawing NPCT-175H
- Mechincal Drawing NPCT-202
- Mechincal Drawing NPCT-245
- Mechincal Drawing NPCT-245H
- Mechincal Drawing NPCT-CF2-1-8-22-2-120-w
- Mechincal Drawing NPCT-CF2-3-4-34-9-120-w
- Mechincal Drawing NPCT-CF4-5-60-4-120-w
- Mechincal Drawing NPCT-CF6-96-120-w
- Mechincal Drawing NPCT-CF8-147-6-120-w
- Mechincal Drawing NPCT-CF10-198-4-120-w
- Mechincal Drawing NPCT-RFC
|Quantity Discount Schedule:|
|Quantity||1 – 4||5 – 9||10 – 24|
** Radiation-resistant sensor option only available with SMA connector
Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions:
Prices above are for domestic deliveries to USA, Canada, and Mexico only.
For deliveries in all other countries please contact Bergoz.
Prices are expressed in U.S. Dollars, FCA San Carlos, California.
Prices are subject to change without notice.
Higher quantity and OEM discounts are available.
Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Prepayment before shipment, or Net 30 days (subject to credit acceptance).
Stock to 90 days, depending on quantity.